Friday, 31 October 2008

Hello There

Wow, this week has flown past, but then again, the whole month has flown. Mal and his mum and sisters had a very quick trip up to Queensland to visit relatives, this past month. They drove to Melbourne, then flew to Brisbane and then drove to Gympie and onto Harvey Bay. It was a great trip for the four siblings to have with their mum. Having three sisters to navigate was interesting at times. They even managed to get lost within the caravan park! However there was much laughter and fun along the way.

In the September holidays, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Lusi Austin. Lusi is a well known australian scrapbook artist whom has many admirers. I was drawn to her site early last year, and it was not so much for her srapbooking [though it is wonderful] but for her zest for life which seemed to jump from her words. I fully admired her values and points of view, and as I was called to the Lord, I realised that this wonderful woman [unknowingly to her], had been ministering to me through her blog. Since becoming a christian I had emailed and chatted to Lusi, and then when this opportunity came to finally meet her in person, I grasped it with delight. I feel so honoured to have her as a sister in Christ, and as a beautiful friend.

This Sunday, I am going to hold a stall at our local trash and treasure market. I have household items to sell as well as some Lisu craft from Thailand. The proceeds from the craft will go towards the scholarships for the J.O. Fraser training centre in Chiang Dao, Thailand. The picture is of one of the large bible covers.
Well that is a bit of my news. I have been rather slack of late for updating, but have a couple of other things on the mind of late which I am chewing through. So I'm off to do my teeth, and get to bed, considering that it's past eleven. Bye for now.


1 comment:

maria said...

Hey there,

Just back from the movies (I won a 2-for-1 deal.. so I only paid for one ticket).

Thanks so muchly for posting these pics. I'm happy for you that you had this meeting :) I wish you well with your market stall.. hope you get lots of sales!! Are you prepared with lots of change (coins etc)? I hope the weather is good for you too. Nighty-night :) Zzzzz...

p.s. I have a blog overhaul in the pipeline too.. namely the template! Within the next few weeks..