How can the abortion bill get passed. Where is the heart of these people? Except in the rarest of cases, does any woman really want to abort their child? Or is abortion a symptom of this modern age where no choice is offered. It is to some woman, the only solution they can see to their situation. Where are we as a society? Where are the people that care for this unborn life?
I do not in any way condem women for making their decision. Only they can know the extreme turmoil. But I do blame myself and others for not opening our hearts to these women. For not stepping into 'their business' and asking if we can help, if we can be a sounding board, if we can speak on thier behalf, if we can be their friend at this difficult time.
I hang my head in shame for not interferring. We are a society that is too scared to 'interfer' just in case our well meaningness is rejected.
I have learnt my lesson.
Next time I will speak up and share what I can offer, and maybe, just maybe it will safe a life.
Matthew 7:3
Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?



No comments:
Post a Comment