It only took one little comment to lift the lid. Inside the box I have all my emotions packed away neatly with the lid securely on. I talk matter of factly when anyone asks about how I am and when they enquire about any family issues. I feel completely well composed and in control.
Then someone comes along and after listening to my life's lot, looks me in the eye and asks,
" So how are you coping with all of that?'
and my eyes instantly mists and I reply, 'I'm going o.k.'
and the lady then tells me there is support available for me if I want it.
and I feel like the lid has been ripped off and my heart exposed, and all I want to do is shove it all back in and slam down the lid, cause now is not the time or place to have my heart on my sleeve.
But there will be another day when I will seek that help, and I will allow that person a peek at those feelings that I keep so much in control.



1 comment:
Even though there's a lid, I also believe there's spillage. I can tell when you're 'different' and we haven't even met in person. It reflects in what you say, how you project yourself or even if you do or don't say things that have nothing to do with your life. If that makes sense? The world would call it 'vibes' from a person.. and sometimes I can interpret that as a person being miffed at me or not liking me - but sometimes it's about where they're at.
Don't be afraid to be encouraged and supported. But having said that, there is a time for everything.
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)
Post a Comment