Thursday, 14 February 2008

What a week

On Monday I headed off with 91 children and 11 adults [teachers/parents/aides], to attend school camp. It was a great three days. The catering was ample, the activities adventurous and well presented and the accomodation, modest but adequate.
The highlight for me was seeing a child whom was previously scared of murkey water, simply beaming with his newly gained confidence as he steered his kyack. Second to that would have to be the great 'vintage' music they played as we supervised the kids doing a mini olympics. The adults were jiving away to hits like YMCA, Macarena and my all time favourite 'the nutbush'. A teacher and I let loose and danced the whole song! Such fun and memories.lol
The draw back to camp is always the lack of sleep. The kids took forever to settle the first night [to be expected], the second night they quietened down fairly quickly, hence after a coffee with staff, we were able to retire about 10.00. However that was short lived with the fire alarm going off at 11.00. It was thankfully a false alarm, but that still meant re settling all the kids, and then getting ourselves back to sleep. needless to say we were all well and truely tired on the way home. To top it off I managed to have a broken nights sleep last night due to the dog barking, assumingly at a possum.
It's the first time I have attended a camp that finished mid week. Hence I had to be at work today. Due to the teachers strike, it was a topsy turvey day, but in a way that was good as I was kept busy across the school hence no time to dose off.
Now my challenge is to switch back into 'home mode' and get my head around all the happenings home management. YUCK!!!

oh, and onto another topic, even with the distraction of school camp, I managed to have a loss at weight watchers tonight, so I'm rather pleased with that.

No comments: