Thursday, 21 February 2008

Success

A couple of weeks ago, I was put in a position that really shook the ground I stood on. I won't go into details here, but will say that although everything turned out ok, I was determined to change proceedures , so that no other person would find themselves in the same position.

So I became the squeeky wheel. I kept mentioning the problem, the risks, the consequences, and through out this I was told it's not THAT big a problem, others were coping with it, 'things' will be put in place, but after two weeks, nothing had changed. So I kept up squeeking, like a dog with a bone, I would not give up, it was too important, for my well being and for my collegues, whether they realised it or not.

Finally today I saw action happening. Yes, there would be a small money outlay, yes, not everyone will be happy about it, but at the end of the day, if anyone should find themselves in the same position, we can honestly say that we have done everything we can to prevent it, and that alone may save that persons sanity.

1 comment:

maria said...

Good on you Gail, you did well. Sometimes I feel exhausted by being the 'squeaky wheel' and I just want everything to not require my attention! Thanks for sharing this.