I feel empty this morning. Like I have nothing left to give. It's like that sometimes, that's the way life is. So it's time to refill.
My way of refilling is to take some time for myself. To allow myself some head space. To put my agenda first, not for ever, just for the shortest time.
My agenda is to have more time alone with my Lord. To not only read, but absorb His word. To not only to talk to Him, but to share my heart with Him. To be still and Know that He is God.
The Lord wants us to have rest, in fact He commanded a day of it per week. Yet how often do we fill every day with tasks, thinking that they are all things that must be done, when in reality it is the rest that is required of us. A disease of our modern age is the need to be constantly doing. We give value to what we can see achieved, and not value in resting and just being in His prescence. Then we hit the wall, and an emergency time out is needed.
I haven't hit the wall, but I have recognised that my gauge is near empty. I need to rest.
So today is a bit of a bonus day for me. I was scheduled to go to Melbourne for study, but now I'm home. I do have a couple of taxi runs to do with kids, but I also have some time at my disposal.
So I could give the house a thorough clean, or revise and pre read that daunting psychology book. Both tasks that beg to be done and would provide some peace of mind having done them.
Or, I could go for a walk and have some talk time with my Lord, and maybe pour out my heart to Him. I could let Him know how I'm feeling about certain things, and I could interceed for those I love.
There's no real question of choice here, only of when am I going to put on my walking shoes.
Foot note.......
As I thought I would, I kept busy with household tasks this morning, then had the afternnon in town. However I managed a walk this evening but with Mal's company [he hadn't read my blog] and his company was actually wonderful as we could catch up on the weeks happenings without interuption, and I could explain what I needed. Hence following that I indulged in a candle lit bath, and had that essential quiet time. As awesome as that was, it was really just a drop in the ocean. I need to prioritise my time better.



3 comments:
hey girl, Got your walking shoes on, yet?
Great post.
Good to hear Gail,
We've had a day that's been a bit the same. Too much going on, head is dead, body is tired and the whole person needs refreshing and renewing.... A slow day kicking the footy with the kids, playing Wii and a relaxing laughing night in front of funny home video's - always a laugh with Levi around :) Time out for prayer coming soon also.... See you tomorrow...
He calls us to come away with him hey and i 'need to prioritise my time better too' to come away with him more often as well.
Hope you feel more restored today.
Love Lus x
Post a Comment