I love her passionate nature, her gift of writing, her gift of connecting with people. She is quirky, zanny and at times completely nutty, and that's the way we like her.
An amazing daughter, an amazing sister and an amazing friend to those fortunate enough to be called one.
Eighteen months ago, I became a Christian. My husband and other daughter also accepted the Lord within a few months of me. My eldest grieved at the news, seeing that her family was changing in ways that she couldn't understand. There were certainly times of battle in those early days, which then turned into days of indifference, then days of acceptance, then days of curiosity, then days of inquiry. Then yesterday there was the day of understanding, and an acceptance of Christ.
It has been a wonderful, joyful transformation that the Lord has orchestrated for not only us, but for others to see. All in His perfect timing.
Even as I see this as being a huge beautiful event, I also see it as being just a tiny piece of the huge plan that the Lord has for His kingdom. We can be so big in our little perception of the world, yet the reality is we are just specks in His created universe. How amazing that our almighty God wants to have a relationship with each and every one of us. How awesome that He knows us individually and wants us to know Him. We are no mere speck to Him, but a wonderfully intricately made masterpiece, whom He has known before we were born. I look at my newborn grand daughter and marvel at this.



3 comments:
Oh Gail that is amazing and wonderful news!! I am so glad she has an amazing family to walk beside her on this journey.
PS I haven't forgotten the award, just haven't had time to sit, think and blog, well more than about the day to day stuff lol
((hUGS)) all round... xox
I feel so blessed to know you Gail and your family too.
Love to you Jess as you walk with Jesus on the most amazing journey of your life!
Love Lus x
Post a Comment