Saturday, 30 May 2009

Passionate Blogger Award

This is the first time I have ever been given a blog award, and this one came from mycyber friend Maria, whose blog I adore.
I am Passionate about

1. My faith. I became a Christain 18 months ago, and every day I talk to my Lord. Every day I strive to become more like Jesus. Every day I feel sad at seeing so many people that don't yet know Him, and I wonder how I [with Him] may make a difference today. I pray that I never become luke warm, that I will always strive to love and know Him more.

2. My family. It never ceases to amaze me how much I am in love with my husband. He is my best friend and I love to spend time with him. My teens also amaze me. They are each incredibly individual and yet a delightful combination. There's nothing better than hearing them cracking up laughing over a board game, or some random antic. The photos they take at these moments are always a hoot. I love watching them grow as they discover the wonders of this world. My five week old grand daughter is also a source of great love in my life. How such a small bundle can consume so much time will always amaze me, but I love spending time wondering about that, while in her company.

3. Photographs and Journaling. It is important to me to preserve memories for future generations. I want them to know who I am and what my life was like. I do this via occassional blogging and frequent scrapbooking, as well as a personal journal.

4.My Home. I have lived all my married life at MOGO COTTAGE. A humble fallen down place that we brought cheaply and have been renovating ever since. I have loved seeing it transform and although at times been challenging, I have loved experiencing all the trials and tribulations of rebuilding a house from the inside out while still living in it. So many cherished memories and created traditions, as we have turned this old house into a home.

5. Travel. I have been fortunate to have migrate from England to Australia as a nine year old. I have visited Spain, and South Africa while making that sea voyage. What a huge experience for a child. Then as a young adult, I took myself to England for 6 months and during that time visited Italy, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Scotland and Wales.
With my young family we had another 4 weeks in England and stopped on route in Singapore. Then a final overseas trip had us in New Zealand, visiting Great Barrier Islnad as well as New Zealand's North Island.
As well as overseas travel, we have had a family holiday to Queensland, visiting the theme parks, Australia Zoo, and Fraser Island. Then of course we have had regular annual holidays to Tahra on the NSW coast.
Despite all of this, Mal and I still have plans. We would love to see more of Australia, hopefully by motorbike and hopefully another one or two trips to the U.K.

Part of accepting the award requires you to do the following:
The Rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog
2. Write 5 things you are passionate about apart from blogging.
3. Tag 5 people on your list and let them know you tagged them.

The five Bloggers that I wish to award this award to [in no particular order] are...
1. Charmaine http://skruijver.blogspot.com/
2. Lusi http://homeschoolingmamalusi.blogspot.com/
3. Chrissy http://chrissy3.blogspot.com/
4. Angie http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/
5. Jerriann http://jerriann28.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Ohh Gail thank you love! That is so sweet.

jerriann said...

Hi Gail, I loved reading your five things. Thank you for thinking of me. I will pass it on.

maria said...

Thanks for sharing your five things and accepting the award! It was great to learn about all the places you've travelled to aswell! And it was also heart warming to read that you adore my blog... thank you! :)

I'm curious now, travel Australia with two motorbikes or motorbike and sidecar?

jerriann said...

Gail, I'm sending you a blog award back. Check out my post titled "Passionate Blogger Queen of Awe-Summm.

Sharmaine said...

Blogging now :) Thanks for the award and hope the weekend goes ok :)