So Jess feeling very tired and disappointed, phoned me. Fortunately, I had no lunch duty so I popped up to the hospital and listened to the midwife's concerns. I responded by explaining that Jess would be home with me and that I had past experience at mothercrafting and nursing, and that although that was a while ago, I had no hesitation of driving Jess back in, if we had any concerns.
That information seemed to reassure the midwife and she said Jess could come home. Yah!
I collected Jess and Helena after work, and the dismissing midwife, said that bub didn't look at all jaundiced at this stage and reassured Jess to phone in if she had any concerns.
That's when the fun began. Mal had installed the car seat the previous night, and although positioned the straps about right, however I found they were not 'quite' long enough for bub. So after three attepts, including reading the manual and pulling the whole seat out, I discovered how to lengthen the straps!
Finally we were able to make the trip home.
being a tad disturbed by the new experience, Jess gave Helena a dummy fo rhte first time, which she seemed to like.



2 comments:
Oh she's just beautiful and I just love 'pacifier' photo's too.. they are the cutest. I'm happy for you all that Jess and Helena are home! :) God bless you all.
She is so beautiful Gail!
Hope all is well and that Jess is settling back in at home with precious Helena.
Love Lus x
Post a Comment