- I received my first assignment back from AIFC and have passed. It's a competency marking, so no exams at the end of the year.
- I have just submitted my second assignment, which means I have two weeks to breathe a little and do some relaxed reading in readiness to next term.
- My Dad went to Melbourne to see the heart specialist and was kept down there for an angegram. The result of that was a stint being put in on the spot as his artery was almost blocked. Praise the Lord that they took action.
- My garden looks as neglected as it's ever been as I have simple no time to water the essentials, let alone tidy or weed. I know I can use the drought as an excuse, but even that wears thin.
- My eldest daughter has now finished her casual job, so that she can grow her baby. Only just over three weeks until due date, so I'm getting rather excited. She onthe other hand is getting rather 'over it' as the bub is placing lots of pressure on her insides and has the annoying habit of hicupping.lol
- My younger daughter is applying herself well to study and seems to have it under control. She likes the sanctuary of her bedroom after school, to study and to chill. Today she is participating in school athletics, cause unlike her mum she actually likes to run.
- My son has started the soccer season with training and soon games. 8.30 starts this year, so Sunday just got busier for us all. He has also taken on study well this year and last week won a place at the chess championship, not sure where that talent came from.
- My darling husband has gone out ona limb to put his hand up to attend a conference. Not being an indoor type of guy it will be very different for him, but a great time to enjoy an all male road trip.
- Just three more sleps until the school holidays which means work holidays for me. With easter in the middle it will seem less than the two weeks, and there will be a fair bit of business stuff to achieve, like dental and hair appointments. However Ilove autumn, and will enjoy time in the garden and the lazier cooler days.

So that's a bit about what's happening around here. What's happening at your place?
5 Blessings
- The skill of the medical team that helped my dad
- The support of friends as I do my course
- The health of my kids and growing grandchild
- The balance of rest and tension as I walk with the Lord
- My family, like the five spokes of a wheel that work together for the common good



4 comments:
Oh look at Jess- she looks gorgeous! Prayed for her during the week.
WOW too about your dad - praise God indeed that they were able to detect something and act swiftly.
Glad that study is going well too.
And yay Mal for attending a conference - that's exciting :) Hope its a blessed time for him.
Love to you my special friend,
Lus x
Hi, I just became Grandma to one more Tuesday, baby girl 7.5 lbs, I don't know what that means in your weight scale, she is considered average weight for here. I have some pictures up on my site, of course. Mommy and baby are doing great. I will keep checking on you to see your new one. Congrats on your grand baby.
Sounds like all is well with your bunch.
Praise God about the angiogram and the action being taken with your Dad. My Dad (like his own mother)...died from a fatal heart attack, his first warning.
Some people have angio's and find that they have several blocked arteries.. so it is good news your Dad only has the one artery needing attention and not more. Not that this is a 'walk in the park' for him or the family. It must still be scary for you all, on some level.
My hubby works in coronary care.. so I hear 'anonymous' stories of what happens in the wards sometimes. Generally, hubby deals with a lot of males mostly who aren't so old..but have high stress jobs and don't want to slow down. Not even in hospital.
And smokers.
Like you.. I like Autumn too.. so much! My birthday is in autumn and it does eventually offer reprieve (is that the word?)..from scorchingly hot days.
How so very exciting GG re: the new addition you are all about to be introduced to.. a little person.. Gods creation.. new life!!
How very exciting.
Good on your hubby for stepping forward to go the conference. I have a real urge/desire for all of us as a family to go to a conference together.. Kind of like a family holiday but being at a conference during the day and seeing what God has for us. They're advertising a 'national conference' in our church newsletters. It's in Sydney. And in May. And I think it'd be too much for us as May is just around the corner. Speaking of which. The 'end of March occasion' didn't eventuate, neither did the tentative April date (which lasted less than a day) - we recognised we don't need anything more to plan and organise for now. Life has been so very, very full and I think we've done well to navigate our way through so much. Not perfectly.. but yeah... we've had lots of changes and commitments and places to be and things to do -so many changes. And we have to be mindful and careful to try not and overdo things to the detriment of the family.
So in short.. there was no BBQ! But we will do something at some point this year. It's still in the pipeline, for sure because we do have a testimony.
Thanks for sharing the photo of your girl too! I had myself and Jenna checked out when I was in the latter stages of my pregnancy cos Jenna didn't seem to want to stop hiccuping. She checked out ok and they said she was obviously swallowing amniotic fluid and that was causing it..but it was ok.
Well done on your study results thus far! I wonder how you're coping in general there?
It's great that you have a loving family GG... praise God.
xoxo
Hi Gail, so nice to hear from you. I am at my daughter's house, staying to help with baby, she is so sweet. I wait in antisipation with you for your little one to get here.
Congrats, I pray for healthy baby, healthy mom.
Post a Comment