This is my nine year old dalmation called Tilly [named after Catherine Cookson's character Tilly Trotter]. I bought her as a four month old from a breeder. She was the last of the litter and extremely timid, particularly with men.
My intention was to show her, but we only got to one show because after that I gained full time work and had no time to devote to it. Due to limited entries she did achieve two ribbons at that event and I have been told that she has wonderful markings. Anyway after a couple of years of rattiness, she has become a wonderful family pet.
Yesterday she had an operation to remove a nasty looking lump on her inner rear leg. So last night she needed to be under supervision inside. She managed to gain lots of attention with her whining during the evening and at bed time she settled with two hot watterbotles to sleep near my bedroom. Well we had been warned that due to the fluids given during surgery that she may need to do more weeing, however I didn't expect to be getting up every two hours to escort her outside. Not always to do wees may I add, on two occassions she merely wanted to go for a walk, obviously just needing to stretch the legs and get fresh air!
So I was feeling a tad ragged at 6am this morning, but Tilly appears to be feeling better and our challenge will now be to 'keep her quiet' for the next nine days.



3 comments:
Your such a great puppy mummy!!!!!!!!!! Gosh, so getting up during the night never ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You poor thing! I hope the next 9 days are much easier on you! and Tilly!
Get well soon tilly!
Love Sandie
Well Tilly is blessed to have such loving owners.. I hope she heals quickly :-)
she is quite possibly the most gorgeous dalmation ive ever seen! so so cute!
Post a Comment