Today I dragged my family along to a Plant Farm to view the Iris Show [not the irish show as they thought I had said.lol]. The deal included a milkshake from the adjoining cafe, so all was ok.
The display was gorgeous as was the catalogue I picked up displaying even more varieties. I have ordered two new ones for my garden as I only have pure white, and also the pictured variety in my garden so far. These dutch irises are the way to go for drought conditions and for those like myself that lack the green thumb! They divide up easily and you can basically neglect them for ages and they still give a magnificant display.
On coming home I was inspired to wander my garden and take some more photos. So in addition to the iris, pictured is a bloom from my standard roses called iceberg blush, and also a close up of a bottle brush. The three bottlebrush trees in my front yard are now coming into bloom and have attracted the wattle birds which chorus early each morning.



1 comment:
Mental Note: Must not forget Dutch Iris's are the one's that don't mind neglect! I think my girl would go anywhere too if promised a milkshake.. speaking of which I think you have influenced me.. I feel like some iced coffee right now with the No Fat PhysiCal I have in the fridge. Done, yum! Lovely flora photo's Gail btw!
Post a Comment