My daughter turned 16 this week and her birthday request was to go to The Phantm of the Opera. I love giving 'experiences' for gifts and so I purchased a ticket for her and myself to go.
We [once again] caught the early train to Melbourne, arriving there about 10am. We then browsed the stores and had an early lunch before heading to the Theatre.
Entering the Theatre was like entering a whole new world, the atmosphere was electric, and the venue stunning.
The performance commenced at one o'clock and we were drawn into the world of theatre for two and a half hours. The costumes and settings took us back into another era and the music was enchanting. My favourite scene was the mascarade ball. My eyes feasted on the colour, textures and array of costumes.
The final curtain closed too soon for my liking and we were then forced back into reality.



2 comments:
Happy birthday to your daughter!
Sounds like a wonderful day :)
What a great day!! I have to agree that an "experience" is wonderful as a present. I'm glad you both enjoyed the show. Did you buy a souvenir program? Happy Birthday to your girl! :-)
Post a Comment