On doing a random inspection today I discovered a Lice in my son's hair. He is in high school and this is his first case of head lice. On inspection he had one large lice and several nits. So of course the first step was to offer to cut his hair so that the treatment wouldn't be so laborous.
He keenly agreed as it would be cooler and easier. However by half way through, the reality of how much hair was invloved sunk in and this quikly changed his demeaner.
I treated his hair this afternoon and it really was much easier removing the eggs on shorter strands. The girls had both had lice in Primary school and it was a real chore to work with their thick long hair.
Hopefully this will be a once off accurance for my son.



6 comments:
Your poor Son!!!!!
I do love how just the talk (or read) of head lice instantly make your own head itchy!!! What is with that!!
I am dying to catch up with you too!! (got your comment on my blog)
Life has gone crazy of late, this is Jeffs last week in the Army, ever!! So not sure when we will be able to catch up, but I will be searching for any available time!!!!!
Talk to you soon!!
Love Sandie
Ugh! head lice! It sometimes gets chronic at our public school...lucky the 2 teenagers don't have a problem but I'm always treating the DD11 and DD7.
It IS funny how just the mention of lice makes you itchy....yuck! LOL
My girl had lice two or three times at her previous school and passed them onto me..and then my husband and I (when he came into the picture)..and we have long hair..my girl and I that is. It always really distresses me when we have to do lice treatments..with the combing of our long hair.. stripping the beds.. washing.. The follow-up treatment.. ugh!
Your boy had rock star hair before I thought! Very good he didn't mind it being cut!
And I think it's cool that you did a post on head lice! It's life isn't it!?
Although I appreciated the above commentors sentiment, I was not in agreeance to all that was mentioned. That and it's incredible length warranted a removal.
Yes, I'm itching too now. Why is that? I have never had head lice (touch wood) but as a kindergarted teacher for many years have been exposed often...and every time I scratch at the mention of them.
Was it just coincidence that in the first photo (with hair) your son looks very happy, and the second, well...
...a handsome boy either way :-)
Post a Comment