Friday, 14 September 2007

What a day!

We started the day with the annual walkathon which had been titled a wigathon, hence we all doned head wear for the morning. Mine was a gold tinsel affair [as that is my 'house' colour]. It made the most annoying swishing sound in my ears as I walked and blew into my mouth for 3 out of the 4 directions that I walked. However the school was a wash with colour hair dos and the staff room was alive with laughter as everyone arrived, so an entertaining morning.

The middle of the day included a well over due catch up with a friend over lunch which was great.

The afternoon involved calming an enraged child, reassuring an anxious child, and making amends with a disgruntled child. Yep, should have been a social worker.lol

After work I went to my usual hairdresser that now works at a new salon in Wodonga. Her name is Aleesha. Now at her old salon I would be given a lovely latte and choc slice, plus a relaxing head massage, then a wonderful hair cut. This time I got a cuppachinno and timtam, a massage chair as well as the devine head massage at the basin, then a fabulous haircut and style! This luxury took an hour and all for $38.50! Just what I needed to end the week. Oh and to give it a plug, the salon is called LUCA and is in Hume Street, Wodonga.

Then as I walked in the door at home, there was a phone call from the principal to say that I had been appointed to the 0.8 position for next year! I had my interview yesterday and didn't feel that I had gone as well as in previous years. However out of the 8 positions going, I have been given the only 0.8 [the others were for 0.6], so that means I retain my full school hour position.

I feel humbled to obtain it, as I work as part of a team of integration aides and I feel no more deserving than them in receiving the full school hour position.

So it has been an eventful day and a good ending to an uncertain week.

6 comments:

Shar said...

CONGRATULATIONS Gail! Well done on the appointment.

Well done also on managing to find such a fantastic hairdresser. I don't think I have EVER had that sort of treatment, and certainly not for less than $40.

I am enjoying the music when I visit 'your place', tried to add some to my blog, but it didn't work without having to click on the link. I will keep trying.

Hope the challenge is going well for you this week.

Anonymous said...

Well Done on your Job!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Gail on what sounds like a great day all round

Tiffany said...

oh wow! congrats on getting the 0.8 appointment thingy..
your hairdresser blew me away! what a treatment for a good price too! wow! sounds like u deserved it after that wigathon! ^^

Margaret said...

Congratulations on getting the position. And the wig walk sounded like a lot of fun!!

maria said...

Well **congratulations** Gail on your victory!! Woo-hoo, I'm happy for you!

You made me laugh with the story of the wig and it blowing in your mouth! Sounds like you had a magnificent bargain with what you had done at the hairdresser's! Co-incidence I went to the hairdressers yesterday. mine was $34, wash/cut/dry-off (not blow wave).. it was at a cheap, shopping mall 'Just Cuts' place.. but I'm so happy to have a change.. I'll probably blog about it at some stage. My dream is to spend between $100 and $200 at a hair place that are known for their quality cutting and 'in with the times' hairstyles and get 'foils' and all of that.. AND the blowave!

Again! My congrats to you! :-)