Now firstly, I pronounce the topic as 'cones' with an 's' added at the front, not as 'con' with an 's' at the front, and that's because although now an australian, I still have my pommy accent.
Today at work [school] I was part of a grade two class that were being shown how to make scones. Boy, did I learn a lot considering I always thought scones were supposed to be basic. [not that I'm an avid cook or anything].
So here's a couple of tips for you.
1. use a knife, not a spoon to gently mix in the milk.
2. flour the cutter before each cut out and never twist the cutter [gosh I always do that!]
3. use blade of knife to lift and then hold each scone gently on the top and bottom to put on the tray. [this stops them rising lop sided]
So for those who are inclined to spend time in the kitchen, I hope this helps you make the light fluffy scones that you like.



2 comments:
whoa those scones are huuge!!!!!!
the last tip i heard about making best scones was using lemonade.. err. but ive never bothered trying it. jus checking how ur going and all =)
Hello Gail!! So you have a pommy accent! Wow.. didn't know that! I already make light, fluffy scones (preferably giant one's) - however, having said that, my tummy doesn't like too much white flour these days. I think a good s-cone is a once or twice a year treat for me (with TUMS nearby), definitely with good cream and jam.. can't beat that can you?!
Post a Comment