Be A Charismatic Communicator - Carol Fox and Kathryn Gorman
Why is it some people can walk into a roomand be noticed and other people are ignored?What are the things charismatic communicatorsautomatically do to build connections with people?
You'll learn how to
How you currently communicate
The four communication preferences
How to speak another language ’
Secrets of email communication
Conflict resolution
Instant rapport building
Power of words
Charismatic communication tips
Yesterday the School services officers from my school had a PD day with Carol Fox, co-author of the above book and motivational speaker. Actually her credentials are numerous, but it was on the above topics that she spoke about yesterday. This lady was dynamic, but more importantly practical. I gained much insight from the day and already have started to assimulate it into my thinking. As much as it will help in my work role, it will also be extremely useful on the home front. If anyone has the opportunity to attend a session with Carol, I would highly reccomend it. I purchased the book on the day as although I have read it before, it will be one that I will refer to often.



2 comments:
Sounds interesting Gail! There's a 'knack' to proper communication -that goes without saying almost. When I go into a particular gourmet bakery for cuppa's with a friend.. There is this one guy behind the counter who is always so OVERLY chatty and always making cheesy jokes and acting charming..rail, hail or shine. And it seems like he is trying to charm ladies every second of the day. Yes, he's cute (looking). However.. I find myself hoping that he doesn't serve me as I find him 'over the top'. I don't mind overly friendly and jokey sometimes..but sometimes I've gone into that shop feeling awful and have not wanted to have his personality bounce off me. I've just wanted polite servive without him finding a joke to weave into my request for chammomile tea. However... I also have a friend.. an overseas friend for the last ten years via email.. sometimes letters..and sometimes live chat. That person has a gift. It has something to do with giving their full attention to you and somehow making you feel like you're a valuable.. gifted individual - like you are IT. Nothing contrived and nothing cheesy. I am attracted to that selflessness and humility. I wonder if your book says anything about that?!!
Hi Gail,
Thanks for visiting me! We can mutually admire blogs - I didn't realise colours etc in the templates could be changed until I saw yours! And I love the colours you chose. Looking forward to getting to know you (and everyone else) a bit better through the challenge. Cheers - Shar (shasha)
Post a Comment