I arranged to meet a friend in town today to attend the local craft fair. We had six kids in tow, but managed to direct the four younger ones to the adjoining indoor pool. The other two we managed to lose in the fair, I told them they would 'cramp our style'.lol
The fair was disappointing, in that there were not many exhibitors, causing a very 'empty' feeling to the large stadium. However there was a scrapbooking outlet, so I managed to spend what money I had with me, and came away with a headful of inspiration.
After re grouping with the kids we split in two, with half going to subway and the other half to Maccas. The coffee was good.
I then went solo with my two cherubs to pick up a kitchen sink, and to buy them new shoes. $189 for one pair and $99 for the other pair. Though I didn't baulk at the cost as their last shoes had lasted them almost a year and they wear them for everything. I had purchased my eldest child a pair of Doc Martins yesterday and they also had cost $180, and she too had worn her last pair for twelve months. So a big week for shoes.
The kids and I thne browsed bookstores, and department stores for the ever eluding birthday gift for my mum. we had fun browsing but once again I came away empty handed. I seem to do that each year, spend hours searching, and then often end up with a gift voucher, which I should have just bought in the first place. At least I can honestly say a lot of thought [and searching] went into it.
Actually there are a lot of birthdays this month, so maybe I should buy the vouchers in bulk.



3 comments:
Sounds like you did everything including the kitchen sink.. haha! The description of not-too-many-exhibitors but finding one stall that you were interested in and could spend your money..that sparked a memory for me as I've done the same thing. A lot of $ for shoes, but I guess you're right.. if they're going to wear them & they serve their purpose as trusty shoes.. they are worth the money spent. Does your Mum mind getting vouchers? I love a voucher.
Hi Gail, l have your blog in my favourites and just sitting here surfing lol and click on your blog, sounds like you had a big shopping day with the shoes, don't you just love the cost of shoes..
Shame about the craft fair, we didn't go this year because it was so poor last year... Was hoping to pop over and take a look but Rick and l both have the flu so not this time...
Chat soon...
Hi Gail, Sandie here! Still in Sydney with my Mum. What a bugger that the fair was no good. Hope your well!
Been thinking of you heaps!!!
Talk to you soon!
Cheers
Sandie
Post a Comment