Saturday, 14 July 2007
Seasons
As much as I hate the cold mornings ,when there is frost outside and the floorboards freeze my toes as I step out of bed, I love the contrast of the four seasons.
In the area that I live each season is distinct. Frosty mornings in winter, sunny but often windy days in spring, really hot dry days in summer and then the full colour of deciduous trees in autumn.
Although the bedroom floor is cold, thanks to my darling partner, the fire is always blazing in the lounge waiting for me to get up. So I can admire the whiteness of outside with the knowledge that a sunny day looms ahead.
The winter school holidays are now ending, but it's exciting to know that the days are gradually getting longer and the next holidays are in spring, when everything seems new and refreshed from the winter hibernation. My garden comes alive in spring with the numerous bulbs and the fruit trees blooming. Such a contrast to the photo above.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love the garden seat there -I somehow am drawn to seats for gardens! You're blessed to have a considerate hubby like that :-)
Post a Comment