Friday, 6 March 2009

I thought I was busy

I have stepped out in trust this year by taking on a full time study course while working full school hours. I thought I had a vague idea of what that would look like, and although the reality of study was harder than I had imagined, I have been coping o.k. and the family have been a great support.

Today there has been a huge turn around to my day job. I think I asked for it. I have been asking for support for a family in need. I have been asking that I may be used for the Lord's work. I have poured out my desire to be able to help a particular child, and today I have been told that I am to work full time with that child. Remembering that with each child comes a whole family.

I am feeling a whole mix of emotions....
excited by the challenge
sad at parting with the grade six unit and the kids I've been with for three years
scared by the work load and the emotional drain
relief that the child will receive the help he deserves
unsure if I am prepared well enough to do all the Lord is asking

I thank the Lord that I have a long weekend to prepare for this change.

1 comment:

lusi said...

Sounds like an amazing time for you at the moment Gail - busy, challenging and yet an answer to prayer. May the Lord grant you all His strength and wisdom to deal with this child of His and the family too. I send my love to you mate!
Lus x