Saturday, 14 March 2009

Get Real - Kindness

I see this post as a mini challenge, as I awoke this morning carrying the stresses of yesterday, with my mind in a whirl of how to deal with a very difficult work situation. Then I read Lusi's blog update, heard the music [I get on my knees] and realised that all this yuckky stomach twisting hurt, is just a moment in eternity.

So really, let's think about kindness.

Really.... It left an imprint on my heart when Karen offered to drive all the way out to my place when I was in turmoil, with the reassurance that even if it is to stand at the door and give a hug, then go home, that's ok. No pressure, just pure genuine kindness

Really..... Having chicken soup left at my doorstep when I was sick and had little ones under foot. Kerry, a playgroup friend, who latter checked it had been received as we have a dog.lol Not usually advisable to leave food on my doorstep, the dog got a whole chocolate cake once!

Really..... Just about every second week when the kids were young, my Ma in law would drop off a huge batch of cooking. Yo Yo's, caramel bics, peanut bics and chocolate cake! Would also do the same if we were heading out on holiday.

Really.......my passion for snail mail is often met by my cyber buddy Maria. On the most hectic, whirlwind of days, a colourful envelope will arrive in the post and lift my day. This simple act of randomness puts a smile on my face.

Need to move on to achieve my list of jobs for today, but what a great start to the day by thinking about kindness and how my own random acts may impact on others.

4 comments:

lusi said...

Praying the Lord will continue to strengthen you during your times of trial and challenge matey (1 James 2:3). May times of refreshing come soon :)
Thanks for sharing those instances of kindness with us - so great to know that the God of kindness has always been watching over us.
Love to you,
Lus x

Karen L said...

Hi Gail,
Your blog really identifies with me - having also been through some real work trials in the last twelve months but you are so right it is just a moment in eternity. God is faithful and will strengthen and provide. I really appreciate Lusi's challenge also of thinking of instances of kindness shown to us and being thankful for them. Loved visiting your blog too by the way.

miss~nance said...

Gail - isn't those simple acts of kindness that leave an impression on our hearts and lives.

Thanks for sharing

Gail C

maria said...

Hi lovely lady..!!

I am so sorry for being behind in reading your posts.

Now..did I get a postcard to you from Tassie? I cannot remember!!?!

Thank you for the lovely reference to me in this post too..re: snail mail. I love snail mail and don't send it often enough these days.

How are you travelling?

I have appreciated each bit of correspondence from you..and as I try and get a sense of 'normalcy'.. I want to assure you you're not far from my thoughts.

In particular I have been thinking (and praying about) your workload/commitments.

So your dog actually ate a whole chocolate cake? Lol...