
I have taken on the job of looking after the Church Library. With my love of books it's going to be an enjoyable experience. The first task though will be to do a stocktake of the catalogue, and then I guess to chase up any missing items. Then to add all the extra books to the catalogue, which seem to e not included, then finally to cull the out of date, not wanted ones and find a suitable borrowing system. It isn't a huge library, hence will only require a basic system. As I said this is going to be pure pleasure.



2 comments:
Yay! How cool is that! Hope you have a great fruitful time culling, sorting and arranging all the books.
Our church library is in the little foyer and i tell you, it has been such a wonderful resource for even just brett and myself! brett borrowed a book from there that totally gave him a new insight into life and persecution for missionaries.
Be blessed mate!
It sounds like a great job and I wish you well with it.. Many happy hours!! Our church doesn't have a library. I used to love it when it had a Christian bookstore. I'd browse every Sunday usually after church and they had stickers/cards etc too. They decided to scrap it saying they couldn't compete with the main Christian bookstore in town :( To be honest, I wouldn't make the trip often to the Christian bookstore in town because I knew I could usually find what I wanted at church. So does your church have a borrowing system like a real library? Any fee's involved for anyone?
Post a Comment