I have just updated my otherblog, Transformation, as I am on a weight loss/healthy living journey, using Michelle Bridge's online program for motivation. It has opened up a world of support via the forums and facebook sites, so very encouraging. POP over and have a look at my progress so far, I'm really pleased with it because I am feeling so much healthier and more comfortable.
I am still ploughing through study. i will obtain an advance diploma in family therapy by the end of the year. I am not contemplating where to next with it. i love the application of my study and to be honest, I enjoy the learning as well. [just the deadlines and having to be indoors on sunny days that erk me.lol]
Our latest edition, Samson, is growing beautifully. he graduated last week from puppy school and is now 12 weeks old. I'm looking forward to having him ut and about with us which can happen when his vaccinations are completed in about 6 weeks. In the meantime puppy breaks from study are awesome.
My daughter gained her drivers licence a couple of weeks ago and that has made a huge difference in the family timetable. Being able to get herself to and from University and also being able to be flexible with her schedule has been awesome for her. For me it means not having to fit her timetable in with mine, so it has provided flexibility for me too. I love her committment to all that she does, as well as her passion for the environment and our Lord.
My son is on his final school holidays before finishing high school. Just the final exams to go now and hopefully a path to a future career will be available to him. last week he was at regional music camp, as he has a passion for saxaphone playing. I love hearing him play, it is a true gift.
My eldest daughter and grand daughter are living independantly now and are doing great. it is wonderful to hear my daughter speak of her challenges and achievements in mothering, becaue it shows me how passionately she cares for her daughter. She is a great mum.
So with each of the grown children sitting on the cusp of the nest, Mal and I are starting to feel a change coming on to the family dynamics. It is a good feeling, as we have the hope that each of our children become independant adults. It is healthy and good that children leave and cleave from the family home, and I look forward to having a continued adult relationship with each of them. I love the way that each is so different with their personalities and passions. it makes our family catch ups both interesting and enjoyable.



No comments:
Post a Comment