I'm not sure what took my attention away from blogging, possibly my new found interest in facebook, or maybe simply busy days, but anyway, I thought it was time to stop by and write a line or two. This year is half over and like every other year it has had eventful moments, but rather than recall them now, I will let them find their way to the page as time goes on, and write instead of current events.
I am currently at the midway mark of the victorian school holidays, as I work in a school I also get the bonus of having these periodical breaks. However after 10 years in the primary school system, I am moving on, so these in fact will be my last 'school' holidays.
It is a strange time to be leaving my current job as I have been lined up to conduct several programs and I am working with a great team of teachers and basically, everything is just dandy. However a friend has tapped me on the shoulder for a position at her work. This isn't the first time she has done so, but this is the first time that it seemed right to take a closer look at it.
So I met with her boss. The boss then phoned my referees, and decided I would be perfect for the position, hence asked if I wanted it. I said yes and so she organised the paperwork and I gave my resignation at work.
The odd thing is that this job is far removed from the type of work I have been doing or ever envisaged myself doing. I have been totally honest withthe boss. I told her that it would be a huge contrast to my current work. I told her that it would be a huge learning curve. I asked her if the company was willing to train and support me. I'm hesitant about working in an office. I'm unsure about the amount of paper work and accountability. Yet there is a peace about the whole thing. I can't explain it. I don't need to. I trust that the Lord who knows the plans He has for me, will not harm me.
So part of my holidays has been shopping for girlie shoes and smarter clothing [as my usual dress code is jeans, polo top and runners]. I must say it's been a bit of fun and with the mid year sales, a great time to shop.
I'm also fitting in a mini get away with Mal. We had been hoping to match up some long service leave for a decent holiday, but now I shall be paid out for mine, and it may be a while before I am due for any extended time off. I love holidays with Mal, he's the best company and the one I want to share all my new experiences with.
There is a huge draw card to this job, which has encouraged me n thinking that it is the right direction to go. The position is only for three days a week, 21 hours flexi time. So that gives me an extra two days a week to attend to other things. As my daughter said when I mentioned the loss of school holidays, át three days a week mum, every week is a holiday'. In some ways she is right as I now have a long weekend every weekend.
I have in mind to have more time to attend to the house chores - sounds boring I know, but that means it frees up the weekends for family time and lowers the stress levels during the week by having the place more orderly,
also more time to visit people - I have so many people that I would love to catch up to if only I had the time, and now I will have,
also I can contemplate wether to return to study next year - this job provides me with a clear day to study each week which I desperately wanted last year when studying.
So lots of positives there to distract me from the reality of the leap I am taking.



1 comment:
Hello.. it has been nearly 4 months since you wrote this.. so big apologies that I'm only just leaving a comment now!
And you've still had more developments in the meantime too... so lots has been going on for you in 2010 hasn't it?
Hopefully you're happier?
Also hope all is well at the time of you reading this..and that your recent getaway was *superb* ?
xxoo
Post a Comment