What a huge month this is turning out to be. A huge month of activity and personal growth, and amongst it all the challenges of ill health, which cause inconvienient interuption to well laid plans. My plans. Yep, I still fall into the falsehood that I am in charge of my life, that I CAN DO IT under my own esteem, then I am pulled up, and I am forced to stop and acknowledge that I am not in the top spot, and I am definitely not solo. How many times do I need to learn this lesson, cause it seems to be frequently of late.
On the other hand, I am stalling in making a decision on whether to do a second year of my counselling course. There is lots of encouragement to do another year, to gain a diploma rather than finish with a certificate. But I am wary of letting my own pride step in and my own ambitions. why does having a diploma seem so attractive? I have grown and learnt so much this year and maybe that is all i need to have before moving on. So I will pray for the Lord to guide me and that whatever the outcome, it will be for His glory and not my own. If you pray to our Lord, please pray for me in this regard.
I have been home from my study seminar for a week already and have hardly touched my work load. this has been due to unforseen events, not lack of commitment, yet the result is still the same, I feel bad for letting it slip behind. The upcoming holidays will hopefully provide the catch up time that I know I will need.
This weekend in the midst of ill health, i attended the Belgrave Women's Convention. Transforming Grace, creating Godly Woman. The key speaker was Greta gaut, and if you ever have the opportunity to hear this lady speak, I would encourage you to do so. The bible text was Titus. I never knew how much wisdom this short book of the bible contained!
Greta's first talk was on 'What is it to be godly?' and I learnt from this that attitudes matter because they determine how I feel and act. Titus 2:12-13 Grace teaches us to transform our thinking and our living.
Her second talk was on 'Godliness expressed through good deeds' and there we looked at titus 3:1-8 and learnt that actions matter, because our attitudes are expressed through our actions.
I also attended her workshop on 'A wife after God's own Heat', and WOW what an eye opener. [I thought of you lots during this one Lusi!!] There were four subheadings to this and heaps of info on each. they were, Be a helper, Be a friend, Be a submitter and Be a lover. I was pleased that I easily could identify myself as being a friend and lover to my husband. However I learnt lots about being a helper and also got a great understanding of being a submitter. Submitting to your husband seems to be greatly mis understood in today's society, and i was one of those that really couldn't define it properly, but now I have a much better understanding and that excites me because I can see so much opportunity for growth in my marriage. Growth that will benefit both Mal and I.
The other talk I attended was on 'Women mentoring women' and although by a different speaker, it also provided some good ideas that could be put into practice in our church community.
In addition to all this great inspiration, I enjoyed the singing and worship, and also the many displays from various organisations/missions. I came away very excited about discovering the 'prayer groups for schools network', who have the vision of praying for all school children nation wide. of course I also enjoyed the fellowship with my co travellers. There was ten of us including my two daughters and grand daughter, which made it extra special.
Trip itself has taken its toll on my health. I had been to the Dr on Thursday and discoverd that I had poisoning in my lymph nodes due to an infection, so had to be put on anti biotics. The symptoms were well undercontrol by the time I left on Friday, however the 4 hr drive was very weary as the pills tend to knock me around a bit. We stayed in the hostel style accom, which although comfortable, was wakeful due to the high winds. Then after conference we had the 4 hour drive home. Today my stomach has decided to revoult, so I've had the arvo in bed. Hopefully though my fasting will result in better health tommorow and I can get on with my last week of term and perhaps even fit in some of that study



2 comments:
I never even knew the lymph nodes could be in a state of "poisoning". Wow.. I'm sorry that you went through this.. and my blog reading has fallen behind a tad.. so I feel this comment comes late. But it was written the day before we left for the Dandenongs .. and since then there has been much on here too. I'm glad I haven't fallen too far behind though. Again, I'm sorry about your recent health woes and I've prayed for you re: the certificate or diploma.
The conference you went to sounded awesome. So you went up for one day only then? Were there other days to attend? Were meals/snacks included?
Maybe I should look up the website. The conference sounded more "meat and potatoes" than the 'Passion' conference my girl and I went to this year. Admittedly.. at both conferences I've been to, it's not the conference content that has been the highlight for me.. (I've found it to be a bit unremarkable)..instead the 'highlights' have had something to do with "relationship" regarding knowing other church women better as a result of being there.. or meeting others from all over Victoria. I have craved more re: actual content, but have (in hindsight) been satisfied with the surprise "relationship" benefits. So I've just trusted that is what God wanted me to take away from it all ..when at times I've been 'miffed' at some of the sermons or attitudes expressed from the stage (pulpit?). Not all the time, but sometimes.
Hello my beautiful friend :)
Sorry its been a while since i last stopped by. I LOVED reading about your conference - Titus is one of my fave books!!! And that was so sweet of you to say you thought of me! I think of you so often mate and wish we could share another meal together again!!! Maybe we will again God willing :)
I too have had to learn alot about submission over the years and the Lord has showed me what joy and peace and care there is when we both understand our roles that He designed for us + then walk in them!
All my love to you all,
Lusi x
Post a Comment