Sunday, 9 August 2009

Commencing August

Just thought I'd put down some random happenings/thoughts for the first week of August...
  • Just when I was feeling defeated at work, the teachers that I work with surprised me with a gift of appreciation. Two movie tickets and a lovely bunch of flowers. I almost cried as it spoke volumes to what I was feeling. The work I do with the kids does make a difference.
  • I purchased a new Chris Tomlin C.D. called Love and I can't stop playing it.lol
  • I went to the high school for teacher interviews last week and both Rhiannon and James received glowing feedback from the teachers. I'm really proud of their positive attitude to school and their willingness to have a go.
  • James went to a chess tornament and won all of his games hence will go to Melbourne at the end of the year for the big tornament. I just have no stratagies for that game, but it seems he does.lol
  • I am really proud of how Jess is managing living out of home. She has gone back to TAFE, back to her part time job and also is taking great care of Helena. A huge balancing act for any mum.
  • Mal and I used the movie tickets to go on a date. We saw 'My sister's keeper' and really enjoyed it.
  • Our church commisioned my friend Ray as their first Pastor today. It has been an amazing journey of faith and obedience and I know Ray and his family will be just awesome in this new role.
  • As for me, I'm getting my assignments in on time, I'm reading and learning about forgiveness, prayer, and various aspects of theology. Basically I'm just thirsty for knowledge, yet also wanting to have more quiet time with my Lord.

It's now early evening and I can see the sun setting through the window. Dinner is cooking and I have 'Love' playing in the background, and although there are still chores and study to do before the day ends, I feel at peace.

Lord, I pray for my blog readers, let them be thirsty for your love, and answer your call.

Lord I pray also for those who are experiencing ill health, I call on your mercy and grace to bring them back to wholeness.

Lord, my heavenly Father, thank you for this day, thank you for your unconditional love, fo ryour forgiveness. Thank you for your Grace, Thank you for being Glorious, for being Holy, for being my Saviour.

2 comments:

Karen L said...

Hi Gail - nice to hear that you were appreciated, and I know that it makes all the hard work seem worthwhile. Glad you got to enjoy it with you hubby too.
Nice to catch up on the goings on in August for you guys.

maria said...

Thanks for the updates and the prayer at the end too.. brought tears to my eyes.