Friday, 10 July 2009

New Things

My eldest was moving out of home and as we were already in the market for a new fridge, we decided that now was a good time to get one as we could pass on our 'old faithful' to our daughter. So yesterda y we went out to look, this time seriously, as in the past we have looked and thought and almost decided, but then at the last minute come to the realisation that 'old faithful' was still working and we really could spend the thousands on something else.




So yesterday within minutes we had got down to a decision between different fridge/freezers. The one I really really liked had four doors, with freezer at the bottom, and fridge space wide enough for the large platters [which we would never use], but the real attraction was having the fruit and veg at hand height hence no more bending achey knees. However such luxury would cost almost $3000.


For about $900 less, was our other choice, which was spacious, glass shelved and just the size we would practically use. So that was it, the less glamourous, but very smart, and most importantly frost-free, was to be ours.





Having saved ourselves the extra money, I then decided that another high cost item that was on my wish list, may now be afforded. So I headed on over to the computers. Straight away I spotted a Compaq for under $600. It had been on my wish list as I am studying this year, and with having a daughter doing VCE, there is often a wait for the desk top P.C., also I had seen another student with a laptop and realised how practical they were for travelling and utilising time, like when waiting for the kids in town after school. So I made up my mind on the spot [a rarity for me]. I'm over the moon about it, and as it's my birthday tomorrow, I consider it an early present. [as long as I still get the slippers that I've been desperately needing as well!]



So today my daughter and grand daughter were able to move into their new home with 'old faithful'. It was a full on day, as our new very smart fridge/freezer arrived too. But all is well now with everyone settled into their new surrounds. [though with my other daughter away for the weekend, it is a tad quiet here!]

3 comments:

Sharmaine said...

Hope their move is smooth and they both settle in soon

lusi said...

Hi mate!
Sorry I have missed out on so much of your life lately...has been really good to read and catch up with all the happenings your way! Sorry too that I missed your birthday - truly hope it was a lovely time for you!
Thank you for openly sharing your heart, your faith - your passion for Jesus shines through to us all and it is so beautiful Gail!
How are you with not having J and H around now? Must be tough after sharing such precious months together. Thinking of you often my dear friend and sending my love to you and the whole family,
Love Lus x

maria said...

Hi my friend..

I am so sorry to have missed your birthday! I obviously didn't have it written on my calendar.. but it will be there now!

I'm so pleased for your purchases and I'm wondering how you are all going now with the big move.. and your two girls on there own (Helena being one of them).. in their own home. Do hope they will settle in beautifully. They have wonderful support from a loving God and family.

Hoping all is going well with your studies. Lotsa love..have a great Friday and weekend xox