O.K. so now I have played around with the settings, and after having a glass of my favourite wine [Brown Brothers Crouchen Riesling], I am ready to write a bit about myself.
I live in a small town near the border of Vic and NSW. It has one hall, one shop, one post office [where we have to collect our mail as there is no roadside delivery], and one pub that is currently being re built due to being burnt down last year. Actually if you do a couple of laps of the town's round about, you can see the highlights of my town in one easy sweep.
My house is an old cottage which my partner and I have restored over the past ninteen years. Like all live in renovators, there are several jobs yet to do, but it's very livable and definitely home. Actually it's the longest that I have lived in any house, and I don't intend on moving any time soon.
My beloved and I have been married for ninteen years and have been partners for twenty four years. [Yes, I was in high school when we met]. We have three teenage children who are all currently in high school and living at home. I guess we are an average family, definitely not perfect, but we like each other and enjoy having time together. Ou7r favourite family holiday is up on the NSW coast in the tent [at a caravan park though, not roughing it]. I don't mind roughing it, but as I get older I do prefer the comforts of a shower and flushing loo when camping for longer than a couple of nights.
Our most recent holiday was to New Zealand. We had nine days visiting family on Great Barrier Island and then another nine days to have a quick tour of the highlights of the northern Island. Rotorua, Bay of Islands, and Bungi in Taupo were fantastic as were the Watimo caves. I have scrapbooked the experience in 64 pages, but of course far more photos were taken.
As for me, I work with children who are integrated into mainstream schools. It is challenging work, but also rewarding. My speciality is autism, having worked with children with autism over many years.
so that's my introduction. I'm happy for people to leave comments, if this blog allows it, and I hope to post regularly.



5 comments:
your little town sounds like our little town except we dont have a round about :)...
on the main road - 1 post office and an empty shop, and a couple of houses.
next street - 1 hardware shop, empty cwa building, shire office, school, sports club - tennis court / bowls, 2 churches (1 at either end of the street) more houses oh and a caravan park.
A couple of parks - one of them the war memorial. a rec center / hall.
no pub, no police station, no doctor or dentist, no high school...
we are owner building so still a lot to be done yet before we can even move in. (just type barn in the serch engine on my blog and there are photos on there of it.)
cheers Nicole
welcome to the world of blogging
Jo C
Scrapbookit
Hi Gail!
There was nowhere to leave a comment under your most recent post? Nothing appeared on my screen to click on. Anyway, I thought I'd post a comment just below! Welcome to the world of blogging.. I hope you have fun! Your blog is looking good.. I like your welcoming header (house front)! I'm in Geelong, Victoria.. not exactly near you, but we've had some rain recently too. It was odd to have it (the rain..as it's rare these days).. but it's been great! I've not needed to water my rocket seedlings at all! I noticed the things you like and we both seem to like sweet, white wine, stationary, tasty cheese (I like lots of different kinds of cheese actually) and yes, TRAVEL! You've seen quite a few places around the world.. how interesting! Anyway.. best wishes with your shed and your blog!
Hi Gail!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Here's how you change the time displayed on your blog:
*Go to your 'Blogger Dashboard'
*Click on 'Settings'
*Click on 'Formatting'
*Scroll down to the 'Time Zone' window
*Select "UTC+10 Eastern Summer Time (Victoria)
*Scroll to the bottom of that page and click "Save Settings" and you're done!
Another q you asked was my LITS i.d. which is "travel32"...I know you, but maybe you haven't known me until now? I have sushi as my avatar! My memory was also jogged that you have back problems too..another thing we have in common. Mine is lower back. Anyway, hope you get that blog clock right!
Awh your town sounds perfect! Bit like here where I am living - sometimes I think I am miles from civilisation!
It is so lovely that you were able to restore the cottage - what a wonderful thing to do!
Hope all goes well with your latest building work!!!
Love the blog! Welcome to blogsville!
Post a Comment